I know that 2016 has had a lot of negative press. Rather than focusing on all of that I am viewing New Year’s Eve as an opportunity to reflect and be thankful for the wonderful memories we’ve made this year. Can you add some of your own?
- Seeing mum beat cancer. She is an amazing pillar of strength and wasn’t going to give in for one moment.
- Being grateful for the friendship and kindest that comes in the form of Mandy. She is that little sprinkle of fairy dust you need in tough times.
- Getting a PB at Tempest 10 – even though the first 3 miles were very dull, I had Dan to push me through.
- Visiting Guernsey for the first time and being utterly spoilt by the hotel.
- Driving an R8 at Thruxton.
- Watching and supporting Dan complete his first Ultra – Race to the King. It was an enormous challenge, but he managed it. It was great having a chance to run a few miles with him.
- Starting crossfit and meeting a fantastic bunch of people.
- Getting a bicycle and exploring the local area. Who knew that cycling to a pub could be considered a sport?!
- Seeing Seb and Kez tie the knot – and having lots of fun learning some new dance moves.
- Celebrating WADAC turning 40. Seeing all the positive things that club has achieved across a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Enjoying cheese and bubbles for my birthday, surrounded by friends and family.
- Having a wonderful Christmas and Boxing Day at home. Eating too much cheese, drinking too much bubbly and playing silly games.
There were plenty more, but these are a few of the ones that come to mind. Do you have any happy memories of your own to add?
Have a wonderful evening seeing in 2017. See you on the other side.