Following the announcement of the new 10 year Public Sector Geospatial Agreement with Ordnance Survey, I've been busy supporting the digital team for some big launches in 2020.
The Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) sets out how Ordnance Survey will provide their location data products and expertise to the public sector, developers and commercial companies across Britain.
Geospatial data is used by a wide range of organisations - including our own emergency services. This new agreement allows for any public sector organisations to sign up via Ordnance Survey to use this data, free at the point of use.
As a result, there has been a huge project to undertake on the web estate for Ordnance Survey, including:
- Auditing of current content
- Updating existing content, products and agreements
- Producing new content for the agreement
- Establishing user journeys and creating a self-serve approach to the content
- Supporting the launch of the OS DataHub
Working to a roadmap, we have a lot of exciting new updates, products and content to produce over the coming months. Keep an eye on the OS website for updates.Back to the blog